KCFinder is free open-source alternative to the CKFinder web file manager. It can be integrated into FCKeditor, CKEditor, and TinyMCE WYSIWYG web editors (or your custom web applications) to upload and manage images, flash movies, and other files that can be embedded in an editor's generated HTML content.
- Ajax engine with JSON responses
- Multiple files upload
- Upload files using HTML5 drag and drop
- Download multiple files or a folder as single ZIP file
- Select multiple files with the Ctrl/Command key
- Clipboard for copying, moving and downloading multiple files
- Easy to integrate and configure in web applications
- Option to select and return several files. For custom applications only
- Resize uploaded images. Configurable maximum image resolution
- Configurable thumbnail resolution
- Automaticaly rotate and/or flip uploaded images depending on the orientation info EXIF tag if it exist
- Visual CSS themes
- Multilanguage system
- Slideshow using arrow keys
- KCFinder is officialy tested on Apache 2 web server only. Probably it will works on other web servers. If your web server does not support .htaccess files, you should take care turning off script engine in the upload directory.
- Only PHP5 server-side scripting is supported. At least one of these PHP extensions is required: GD, ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick. Safe mode should be off. To work with client-side HTTP cache, the PHP must be installed as Apache module.
- KCFinder supports Fileinfo PHP extension for MIME type detection of the files. If you decide to use this feature, you should to load Fileinfo extension. PHP versions prior to 5.3 needs to install Fileinfo PECL package.
- PHP ZIP extension should be loaded in order to have an option to download multiple files and directories as single ZIP file.
- Automatic rotating and flipping images requires PHP EXIF extension.
- Browser side code requires modern browser. KCFinder does not work in Internet Explorer 6. The only way to use KCFinder with Internet Explorer 6 is to install Google Chrome Frame ActiveX plugin.
Afrikaans, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese Simplified, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
Used 3rd party software